Coding competition referred as UoJCoders is aimed to enhance the problem-solving skills and programming skills among the undergraduate students in computing and that will provide efficient programmers. The competition is a 12-hours inter-university coding competition that was inspired by IEEEXtreme. The competition is open to all undergraduate students in Sri Lanka, especially for those who follow degrees in the computing discipline. UoJCoders v2.0 is planned to be held on 4th and 5th of April 2020 in the Department of Computer Science, University of Jaffna.
The 12-hours coding competition will be conducted online using the hackerrank platform (http://hackerrank.com). Participants are expected to be present at the venue of the competition. Participants are encouraged to solve problems using appropriate data structures and algorithms. Questions will mostly be related to real-world problems.
Participating in this competition will improve the problem-solving skills, coding skills and teamwork among the students. Since it will be a limited time-rapid coding competition, it will enhance the efficiency and time management skills of the participants. UoJCoders v1.0 was held on 16th and 17th of March 2019 where 200+ teams got participated in the elimination round and 25 teams got selected for the finals.
Here is our UoJCoders v2.0 (2020) schedule
We annually conduct UoJCoders
Our greatest thanks for your generosity
Rules & Regulations
- - Elimination round will be held on 27th of March 2020 from 6.00pm to 9.30pm via online.
- - Selection of the teams for the final round is purely based on the score obtained by teams in the elimination round. At most five teams would be selected from each institution.
- - Only 25 teams will be selected for the final round.
- - Team members must solve the problems without any assistance from other people or pre-written code.
- - Each and every final decision will be taken by Computer Society (CompSoc), Department of Computer Science, University of Jaffna.